In purchasing a ticket or tickets for Foundation for Lovejoy Schools (the “Foundation”) Events, you acknowledge and agree:
1. Comprehension and Assumption of Risk. You assume all risks, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, in any way connected with your participation in the Event. You accept full responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, damage or death in any way connected with your participation in the Event.
2. Release of Claims. You hereby release the Foundation from any and all liability or claims which may arise from participation in the Event. Including, but not limited to, any injury or death resulting from consumption/exposure to food or beverage allergies, food borne illnesses, theft of or damage to your property, transportation or commute, exposure to adverse weather conditions, or choking. You and successors, agents or assigns, hereby forever and unconditionally release Foundation, its officers, employees, agents, successors in interest and insurers from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses, including, without limitation, attorney’s fees, in any way arising out of, or resulting from, your participation in the Event.
3. Medical Expenses and Consent to Medical Treatment. You accept full financial responsibility for any personal medical expenses or treatment which may result from participation in the Event, and release the Foundation in full from any potential claim for such medical expenses. Further, you authorize the Foundation to provide you with medical treatment, whether resulting from an emergency or otherwise, and release the Foundation from any and actions for the provision of such medical attention.
4. Indemnification. You agree to pay any and all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any of your acts or conduct that result in damage or injury to any person, including, but not limited to, any participant, third-party, or vendor of the Event or employee of the Foundation. You further agree to indemnify and hold Foundation harmless from and against any such act or conduct which results in damages of any kind.
5. Promotional Release. You hereby grant Foundation license to use your photographic, video, or digital likeness from pictures and videos taken during the Event. This license will solely be for the Foundation’s promotional and educational purposes. You may revoke this license via email to a Foundation employee.
6. Consumption of Alcohol. Persons twenty-one (21) years of age and older are able to drink alcohol during the Event should they choose to do so. However, alcohol consumption shall be at your own discretion, risk and liability. You assume all risk involved with the consumption of alcohol and unconditionally hold Foundation harmless in accordance with paragraphs 1-4 above.
7. Governing Law and Mediation. The construction and meaning of the terms and provisions of the above shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Any action arising out of or relating to the Event shall be brought in state court sitting in Collin County, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any such action. Mediation shall be a prerequisite before any action may be brought.